“the river that made a lap behind our house
was the image of a soft glass
a man came and said:
that lap the river is making…
is called meander
it wasn’t the image of a glass snake making a lap behind the house any more
it was a meander
I think the name impoverish the image”
Manoel de Barros
We are glad to announce the first audiovisual and photographic exhibition ‘La Monstra de l’Anoia: Rural cinema exhibition’.The exhibition will take place in Calafou (Vallbona d’Anoia) on July 8-9. The goal of the event is to exchange productions witha rural theme.
We understand rural outside of a big city, the periphery, the margins of the metropolis, which isimportant and central at the this time fordeveloping new fields of non–capitalistic development.
The registration deadline is June 17. 24 June
- No time limit for the presented works.
- We consider the genre division unhelpful.Therefore, works of any kind of genre can be submitted (fiction, documentary, videoart, etc.).
- Works can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Monstra de l’Anoia:” and the title of the work. You can also send discs (dvd, blue-ray) to the following address: “Cami de Calafou s/n Vallbona d’Anoia 08785 – Barcelona“. In this case write on the envelope “La Monstra de l’Anoia”, as well as the title of the work and the name of the author.
- All recording formats welcome
Ensure that you attach the Fact Sheet to all submitted work.
- Works from single photographs to series of maximum 6 photographs are admitted.
- Works can be uploaded to https://files.puscii.nl/y and the links sent to email@example.com with subject “La Monstra de l’Anoia: Photography“ and title of the image/series or author name. We shortlist images for the exhibition.
- A fact sheet describing the image should be attached to the mail.
- Shortlistedworks should be senton paper to “Camí de Calafou s/n Vallbona d’Anoia 08785 – Barcelona“, indicating “La Monstra de l’Anoia: Photography“on the envelope, the title of the piece and the author.
- The size and support of the work is freely chosen by the participant. In case of a site specific installation, please include instructions in PDF format.
All selected authors receive a commemorative statue. Baskets will be installed during the exhibition with the name of eachwork, where the public can deposit gifts & rewards meantforthe author.
Besides these prizes, there will be an audience vote. The most and least popular works of each category receive a gift basket of Calafou made products (happy chicken eggs, booze, soap and natural cosmetics, T-shirts, fanzine, craft-beer).